Beginning on Jan. 3:
- 14 weeks of Base/OutSeason
- 12 weeks, Race prep for Vancouver Half Iron, with 1 or 2 prep races
- 4-6 weeks, transition and general prep
- 12-14 weeks, Race prep for Ironman Florida
In the first 14 weeks, I’ll be working around some work commitments, before, during and after a convention in the beginning of February, and then a planned vacation in the 3rd week in March.
I already have my detailed workouts in my TrainingPeaks log, ready to go for the beginning of the year, up to the convention on Feb. 4.Â Based on how that initial 4+ weeks goes, we’ll lay in the next 5 week period up to the March vacation.
In general terms for January, each week:
- Jan. 3 Threshold test for bike, and Jan. 5 Threshold test for run to establish benchmarks
- Bike: 3x a week, mainly ‘short and fast’…like main set 95-100% of FTP
- Run: 4x a week: includes 2 short bricks off the bike + 2x short and fast
- Swim: 1x lesson/drills, 1x short and fast
Largely following the Endurance NationÂ protocol, my workouts in January will primarily beÂ Short and Fast.Â As a result,Â my training weeks during the monthÂ will only total about 5-6 hours for the bike and run portion, and another 1:30’ish for the swim side…and maybe a bit of yoga in there to stretch things out…so 7-8 hours a week.
Adjustments, of course, based on how things are going…more details to follow.
Wondering what Daughter Lisa is up to, I have some new information…to be posted shortly.