This calculator is intended to provide you with an age-graded race time and an achievement percentile for a recent performance at a specific race distance.Â Age-graded information allows you to:
- Adjust your performance to what it theoretically would have been during your prime running years (your 20’s and a portion of your 30’s depending on the race distance).
- Judge your performance, using an achievement percentile, without bias for gender or the aging process (in other words, you are measured against a specific standard for your age and sex).Â These percentiles can be interpreted as follows:
- Over 90% — World Class
- Over 80% — National Class
- Over 70% — Regional Class
- Over 60% — Local Class
- Compare your performances for a specific race distance at various ages to determine which was your “best race”.
If, for example, you are a 55 year old male and want to see age-graded information for a time of 21:45 that you recently ran in a 5K race, simply:
- enter 55 in the Age field
- select Male in the Gender field
- select 5 Kilometers as the Race Distance.
- enter 21 in the Minutes field and 45 in the Seconds field for Race Time.
- press the Calculate Age-Graded Race Time & Percentile button.
- the age-graded race time and achievement percentile will appear.
Note: Age-graded tables were researched and compiled by the World Association of Veteran Athletes (WAVA).